Dr. Vladislav Buryk
Radiosurgeon - Neurosurgeon
Neuro-radiosurgery expert with 9 years of experience in robotic radiosurgery with CyberKnife G4 and M6. He has participated in treatment of more than 1,200 patients. He has specialised in neurosurgery and neuro-radiosurgery for 21 years. Since 2016, Vladislav is our leading consultant and teaching staff, training not only our new specialists, but also specialists from other radiosurgery clinics. One of the leading lecturers in courses on radiosurgery organised by ISRS in 2016. 2017 and 2018. He leads treatment of most complicated patients within the framework of a multidisciplinary team.
1988-1994 – graduated from Chernivtsi (Ukraine) Medical Institute and acquired doctor’s diploma.
1995-1997 — traineeship at the Academy of Medicine, Further Education studies in neurosurgery, in Kyiv.
In 2000 – enrolled for further education studies for pre-certification training in neurosurgery at the Academy of Medicine, Kyiv.
2001-2004 – further education training in neurosurgery (Doctor’s thesis “Diagnostics and Surgical Treatment of Head and Neck Tumours”), post-graduate education at the National Academy of Medicine, in Kyiv, Ukraine.
In 2014 – pre-certification training, Radiology Therapist in Radiology “Radiation oncology pre-certification training” within the framework of Further Education studies at the National Academy of Medicine, in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Other practical training
In February 2005 – completed courses organised by the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS) in Prague, the Czech Republic.
In July and August 2005 — Post-residency at Vorarlberg Regional Hospital, Neurosurgery Department in Feldkirch, Austria.
In November 2005 – International medical seminar in Salzburg. Neurosurgery. In Salzburg, Austria.
February 2006 – courses organised by the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS) in Luxembourg.
In May 2006 – International medical seminar in Salzburg. Neurosurgery. Salzburg, Austria.
June 2013 – AANS International experience exchange for guest surgeons, Cyberknife brief experience exchange in USA, Stanford University.
1997-2001 – neurosurgeon at the Neurosurgery Division of Rivne City Hospital, Ukraine.
2011-2004 – neurosurgeon in the Further Education Department, post-graduate education in the National Academy of Medicine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2005-2009 – neurosurgeon at Neuro-Oncology and Spine Surgery Division of the Neurosurgery Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2006-2010 – docent at Further Education Department of the National Academy of Medicine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2009 -2016 neurosurgeon, head doctor (2010-2014) at “Cyber clinic Spizhenko” in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Since 2011 – associate professor at Further Education Department of the National Academy of Medicine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
From 2016 until now — CyberKnife neuro-radiosurgery expert at SRC Sigulda with device Cyberknife®M6.
- M.E. Polischuk, E. I. Slin’ko, V.M. Buryk: Surgical treatment for the extramedullary intradural tumors of the craniocervical junction// XII European congress of Neurosurgery. Lisboa 2003 p.331
- E.I.Slin’ko, Al-Kashkish Iad, A.I.Pastushin, V.M Buryk.: Surgical treatment and its results for ventral and vento-lateral extamedullary spine tumors. III congress of neurosurgeons of Ukraine. Alushta 2003
- M.E. Polischuk, A.O. Korotkoruchko, A.V. Muravskiy, T.I. Makeeva, E.I.Slin’ko, V.M Buryk et al. . Scientific and practical training of neurosurgeons. Materials of KMAPGE scientific-practical conference. Kyiv 2003, pp.-42-45
- M.E. Polischuk, E.I.Slin’ko, A.I.Pastushin, V.M Buryk.: Modern methods of fixing at traumatic damages of сranio-vertebral junction, results of operative interventions. Ukrainian neurosurgical journal. №3 2004
- R.M. Trosh, V.M Buryk et al. Exrtamedullary craniovertebral tumors. Diagnostic and surgical treatment. Ukrainian neurosurgical journal. №4 2005
- Buryk, Vladyslav; Polischuk, Mykola E.; Trosh, Rustem M.; Slin’ko, Eugene I.; Al-Qashqish, Iyad I.: Ventral and Ventrolateral Extramedullary Intradural Craniocervical Tumors 8TH EUROPEAN SKULL BASE SOCIETY CONGRESS AND 15TH GERMAN SKULL BASE SOCIETY CONGRESS. Surgical Treatment and Outcome Results. Prague 2007
- Vladyslav Buryk. CyberKnife stereotactic radiosurgery for meningiomas: results and radiological evaluation. 14th European Congress of Neurosurgery. Rome, 2011
- N. Spizhenko, V. Buryk, T. Chebotaryova, V. Lisak, et al. Stereotactic CyberKnife radiosurgery for meningiomas: radiological evaluation of treatment results/ Radiotherapy and Oncology, May 2012 Vol. 103 Supplement 1, Page S404
- V. Buryk Cyberknife Hypofractionated Radiosurgery in Treatment of Malignant Brain Tumors XV WFNS World Congress of Neurosurgery, 7-12 September 2013, Seoul, Korea: abstract book. – Seoul, 2013. – Р.331.
- V. Buryk Cyberknife Radiosurgery and Whole-brain Radiotherapy for Multiple Brain Metastases XV WFNS World Congress of Neurosurgery, 7-12 September 2013, Seoul, Korea: abstract book. – Seoul, 2013. – Р.213.
- O. Glavatskyi, V.M. Buryk, K.A. Kardash, O.P. Pylypas and T.I. Chebotaryova USAGE OF CYBER KNIFE HYPOFRACTIONATED RADIOSURGERY IN HIGH GRADE GLIOMAS COMPLEX TREATMENT Neuro Oncol. 2014 Sep; 16(Suppl 2): ii68.