Dr. Dace Saukuma
Professional doctor. She has specialised in therapeutic radiology — conventional radiotherapy and radiosurgery — for 14 years. He has worked in Sigulda since 2015. During these years Dace Saukuma has become a leading specialist in the radiosurgery of benign tumours in head and malignant head and neck tumours. Head of the Multidisciplinary Tumour Board in Sigulda Hospital. Chairwoman of Latvian Society of Therapeutic Radiology.
In 2001, graduated from Riga Stradins University and IAEA/ RDC ”National training course on radiation protection in radiotherapy”, in Riga, Latvia.
In 2003, completed ESTRO training courses “Evidence-based Radiation Oncology: Methodological basis and application” in Lisbon, Portugal.
In 2004, acquired post-graduate diploma in the speciality of radiation oncologist at the Medical Education Institute of the University of Latvia.
Other practical training
Since 2009, she has attended training courses in Latvia and abroad:
- „2nd European perspectives in head and neck cancer”, Czech Republic;
- „IMRT and other conformal techniques in practice” ESTRO, Gliwice, Poland;
- In 2013, „Clinical Practice & Implementation of Image – Guided Stereotatic Body Radiotherapy” ESTRO, Lille, France;
- In 2013, „Multidisciplinary management of head and neck oncology” ESTRO, Budapest Hungary;
- 24-28 April 2015, “3rd ESTRO Forum”, Barcelona, Spain;
- In 2015, „Cyberknife System Product Training”, Sunnyvale, California, USA;
- 5-6 November 2015, “Cyberknife® Clinical Training”, Vicenza, Italy;
- 26-27 November 2015, “Head and neck Preceptorship: focus on comprehensive management”, Nice, France;
- 13-14 May 2016, “Merck Precision Masterclass meeting for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)”, Bratislava, Slovakia;
- 3-6 October 2016, “RTC on PET/CT in Oncology”, Riga, Latvia;
- 8-9 December 2016, “SRS/SRT in management on cerebral AVM, spinal pathology and urologic cancer, ISRS educational course”, Novosibirsk, Russia;
- 16-18 March 2017, “6th International Conference on Innovative Approaches in Head and Neck Oncology”, Barcelona, Spain;
- 6-8 October 2017, “ISRS Education Course – SRS/SRT in management of intracranial schwannomas, skull base tumors, and genito-urinary cancer”, Sigulda, Latvia.
She started her professional activity in 2001 as a resident physician at LLC “Sporta laboratorija”, and radiation oncologist at Jelgava Hospital, Radiotherapy Department of P. Stradins Clinical University Hospital and at Riga Emergency Medical Aid Station, where she worked until 2010.
Besides, in 2004, she started working for RAKUS/Oncology Centre of Latvia as the head doctor, radiation therapist. From 2006-2014, resident physician in LLC “Sportalaboratorija”.
In 2015, she started working for SRC Sigulda (Radiosurgery Centre Sigulda) as a radiation oncologist with the robotic radiosurgery system CyberKnife®M6.
Since 2013, she has been reading lectures and training students in radiation oncology at the Radiology Department of Riga Stradins University.
Since 2014, Dace Saukuma is the Chairperson of the Board of “Latvian Society of Therapeutic Radiology”.