Men diagnosed with prostate cancer nowadays have several efficient treatment methods available. Choice of the right treatment method depends on each particular situation. In order to prescribe the most efficient and safest treatment method for you, our specialists have to assess the stage and spread of the disease, the level of aggressiveness of primary tumour, previous health examinations and treatment.
Radiosurgery Centre Sigulda offers treatment of prostate cancer with the last generation robot CyberKnifeⓇ M6. Treatment of prostate cancer with radiosurgery does not involve surgical intervention, anaesthesia and blood loss.
Treatment of prostate cancer
Robotic radiosurgery with CyberKnife or hypofractionated radiation therapy is recognised to be the most efficient and safest treatment method of a primary prostate cancer of low or average risk with the least impact on the quality of life of patients suffering from stage I and II prostate cancer.
Until 2018, more than 20,000 patients have been treated with CyberKnife worldwide.
This method is recommended to patients not eligible for a surgical treatment or in cases where the side effects of a surgical treatment can have a significant impact on the quality of life of a man. Results from 10 years of practical application of the method shows similar efficiency to that of a surgical treatment, and better efficiency in comparison to the conventional radiation therapy.
Robotic radiosurgery with CyberKnife is applicable also to stage III and IV tumors. If the prostate cancer has been detected where it has already grown outside the prostate capsule, the robotic radiosurgery can be complemented both with conventional treatment methods - surgical treatment and external beam radiation therapy. In case of treatment of a previously treated cancer, and if a recurrence or separate metastases in bones, soft tissue or in other parts are established, robotic radiosurgery ensures high control of local recurrence and allows postponing the hormone replacement therapy and extend survival without prostate cancer symptoms.
Advantages of cancer treatment with CyberKnife
Robotic radiosurgery with the CyberKnife M6 system is efficient and safe method based in clinical trials — known for more than 10 years.
Until year of 2018, more than 20,000 prostate cancer patients worldwide have been treated with CyberKnife. Number of treated patients constantly grow year after year.
Expected therapeutic results are based on quantitative clinical research and qualitative clinical research; efficiency is proven in patient surveillance for more than 10 years.
Patients suffering from mild to average risk primary prostate cancer in 97% of cases do not see recurrence in next 5 years if they have been treated with CyberKnife, and no extensive recovery and rehabilitation is needed after the therapy, side effects are reported in no more than 2% of cases and they are usually mild and temporary. Potency is affected minimally, actually not more than in a course of normal ageing.
Patients suffering from high risk prostate cancer must exclude risk of tumour dissemination in the body to achieve similar efficiency, and therefore must have additional diagnostics performed prior to the therapy.
Prostate cancer is destroyed without surgical intervention, without pain, rehabilitation and with submillimetre precision. Technology brings human mistake and side effects to a minimum.
If the prostate cancer has been detected where it has already grown outside the prostate capsule, the robotic radiosurgery can be complemented with conventional treatment methods.
In case of treatment of a previously treated cancer, and if a recurrence or separate metastases in bones, soft tissue or in other parts are established, robotic radiosurgery ensures high control of local recurrence and allows postponing the hormone replacement therapy and extend survival without symptoms.
If a patient has prostate cancer treated with CyberKnife, it promotes better sensations as it destroys the tumour in a convenient and efficient way without affecting the quality of life after the treatment.
This method has minimum impact on potency and self-esteem of a man, helping to avoid the consequences and side effects of conventional therapy — loss of potency, incontinence etc.
It helps to get back a peace of mind and reassures that the prostate cancer has been treated.
Unpredictability of real costs related to the disease such as additional diagnostics, waiting in a queue, unclear picture of doctor's fee, hard-to-predict post-operative care and rehabilitation costs, which are usually not covered from the state budget, may build stress and make your budget vulnerable. We have tried to elaborate our service price list to make costs of diagnostics and therapy transparent and predictable.
However, if you have any question about possible costs, please ask our customer consultants.
View the price list of our clinic.
Treatment of prostate cancer with CyberKnife® M6. Step by step
How can we help in case of a prostate cancer?
- Our team has highly qualified specialists (urologist, radiologist, radiation oncologist, medical oncologist) who have devoted their professional life to treatment of prostate cancer;
- Each individual case is assessed by the specialist team — within the framework of the board of specialised doctors;
- Our customers have both conventional (PSA test, biopsy, DRI, bone scintigraphy, CO, MRI) and more advanced diagnostics methods of prostate cancer, such as targeted biopsy, 3T MRI, PET-CT with 68GaPSMA);
- Our specialists perfectly know conventional treatment methods for prostate cancer and have gathered more than twenty years of experience in using them in treatment;
- After establishment of the Radiosurgery Centre our specialists have especially mastered application of the most advanced medical technologies, including treatment of prostate cancer with the cutting-edge diagnostics and treatment methods;
- Our Centre has the world's most advanced non-invasive prostate cancer treatment method with the robotic radiosurgery system CyberKnife®M6;
- Our specialists work according to the guidelines of the professional associations on the basis of recent clinical trials and experience of the leading European clinics, in line with especially elaborated protocol for prostate cancer treatment;
- The main task of our specialists is to offer diagnostics and treatment method that is most suitable for you.
Ask and our specialists will help you to understand your situation and find the best solution in your case.
Process of treatment of prostate cancer
Prostate cancer treatment with CyberKnife
In order to evaluate efficiency of treatment of prostate cancer with the CyberKnife® M6 system, it is possible to take individual free of charge on-line patient consultation where data from medical history are assessed.
In order to apply for a consultation, please send data from on-line contact form or data uploading form here.
Data necessary to initially assess treatment options:
• Description of morphological analysis of prostate cancer biopsy;
• PSA (prostate specific antigen) level before the biopsy and in dynamics, if more than 3 months have passed since the biopsy;
• Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan with a description or access code to the examination in the database or examination pictures in DICOM format or recorded in CD or uploaded in the data uploading system in the Centre's website (preferably not older than 4 weeks).
Possible therapy tactics, side effects and course of the therapy are explained in a consultation. Image data from previous analyses and diagnostic radiology are demonstrated and explained.
The Medical Treatment Law stipulates that treatment tactics of each patient is examined in a multidisciplinary tumour board consisting of an urologist, radiation oncologist and medical oncologist. The treating doctor presents patient's medical data to the members of tumour board. If necessary, the patient is invited to attend the tumour board in person to directly discuss different aspects of treatment with the tumour board members.